Indoor Gardening Tips

I am a housewife & mother in north central British Columbia, Canada. I transplanted up here from northern Idaho when I married a Canadian. I have 3 kids aged 14,11,& 9. The challenges of short seasons & cool nights are driving me to more greenhouse growing to supplement the more cold tolerant crops in the main garden.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort St James, BC, Canada

Home school mother

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Greenhouses

I don't know about where you live, but way up here in the north we can't grow tomatoes, peppers, beans & squash without some protection. I've been researching greenhouse design. The standare greenhouse dsign we are used to seeing was invented in Holland for mild maritime areas, not inland cold places where conserving energy is important not just raising the temp a few degrees. If you are interested I'll share a little of what I've found out.
BJ Broen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home